Pages

Friday

The Col du Tourmalet is calling























































Just the simple mention of the word "Tourmalet" and cyclists from across the world envision the most pain and suffering a cyclist can endure climbing a mountain. The Col du Tourmalet (2,115 m / 6,939 ft) is the highest road in the central Pyrenees. It is rated as the steepest , longest most difficult climb in the Tour de France. It is definitely on my "To Ride" list one of these years. I am so looking forward to the day when I am out of the saddle dancing on my pedals, amidst the clouds, the mist and fog shrouded roads ascending to it. When the Col calls, hopefully I will answer.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Where did you take the top photo. I can't find it on google maps. I looked around the summit a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top photo is Stelvio Pass. The Col du Tourmalet doesn't have switchbacks like that.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete