Pages

Tuesday

From France, Take me to The Ronde



Ronde van Vlaanderen that is. Or what's commonly known as the Tour of Flanders. Its an epic bike race held in Belgium every spring one week before Paris-Roubaix. I'm so drawn to this part of the world its not funny. Not even an hour away from Roubaix, lies another sleeping giant only awake one day a year. The Tour of Flanders is a warm up race for the "Hell of the North." The cobbles in Belgium are "not so rough" as they are in Northern France, but it is the hills and the length of the climbs that really make this race unique. Just the mention of the Molenberg, to the Oude Kwaremont, to the legendary Koppenberg, instill fear in the riders who have to endure not only the conditions, but the steepness and length of the climbs. I cannot wait to get my chance to ride one of these climbs one day and complete one of my dreams. Northern France, riding a Belgian bike, a Belgian race, now that's a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment