Pages

Monday

2011 Het Nieuwblad- Antonio Flecha Oh so Close !



This past weekend marked the start of the 2011 Spring Classics in Belgium and I couldn't be more excited. I was so surprised to see that I'm able to watch the races live via the internet nowadays ? I'm really happy that technology allows us to watch races we would never have the chance to see in North America. I wish I had this kind of access back when Lemond was challenging the spring classics in the mid 80's.

So the race formerly known as Het-Volk was this past Saturday. I was so hoping defending champ, Juan Antonio Flecha was going to pull it off. He caught the solo break by Rabobank's Langeveld, and I thought he was the stronger of the two. I think he just spent too much energy and had nothing left for the finish. Hayman 3rd, and Michael Barry 60th place. Overall a good weekend for Team Sky. I don't think I even heard the mention of Cancellara ? nor Hushovd ? nor Leopard-Trek, Hmmm ? I just hope Flecha doesn't adopt the Hincapie or Bauer type of attitude and begin accepting second places as "good" results, otherwise he'll never win again.

No comments:

Post a Comment